This is the IPFS Cluster Roadmap for the next months. Note that this is a declaration of our best intentions but it is very difficult to make compromises. We keep this page updated regularly.
Short term (Q4 2019)
- Support and improvements to the CRDT implementation
- Usability improvements and small fixes
- DAG Sharding support (ongoing)
- Key metrics for prometheus
- Workshops and conference talks
Mid term (6-8 months horizon)
- RPC streaming
- Stable collaborations with different players interested in using ipfs-cluster/ipfs.
- Sharding support and good sharding support for at least ~1TB datasets (package repositories).
- Exploring support for a rich set of allocation strategies e.g. by geographic location or as a function of access patterns
Long term (~1 year+)
- Additional chunking/sharding/encoding strategies. FEC support.
- Tested to 10s of millions of peers